Friends’ Goals for 2019:
Our goals for 2019 include continuing the many projects we currently have in place, including:
- Planning and conducting 3 major events, Wildlife Safari, Fall Wildflower Festival and Owl-o-Ween.
- Running our all-volunteer Nature Store.
- Maintaining ongoing art exhibits in our Gallery.
- Reconfiguring the 8-mile Wilderness Trail to make it people-friendly.
- Establishing our own apiary and forming a Brooker Beekeeping Club.
- Advocating for continued and increased land management practices in the Preserve.
- Providing help in habitat restoration near the Preserve’s entrance area
- Increasing membership.
- Supporting the staff, volunteers and programs of Brooker Creek Preserve.
New goals for 2019 include:
- Investigating sources for larger grants and funding.
- Establishing a donor wall in the Education Center.